Classes for Families
Education is the most powerful tool to prepare for your birth.
Mindful Mother provides individual and small group prenatal classes to help new parents best prepare for their labour, birthing time, and caring for a newborn.
Send us an email to book private prenatal classes, customized specifically for your birthing needs, in the comfort of your own home.
Topics covered during prenatal classes:
- Choosing a caregiver and Caregiver options
- How to talk to your caregiver/ asking the right questions
- Choosing a birth location
- Assembling your support team
- Prenatal Care and Routine Prenatal Testing
- Natural Alternatives for Pregnancy and childbirth
- Optimal fetal positioning
- Birth planning
- When to call caregivers
- Processes of Labour and Birth
- Avoiding common interventions
- Natural Alternatives for Labour and Birth
- Comfort Measures for Labour and Birth
- Tools for pain management during labour
- Supplies- what will you need for your birth
- Natural postnatal care
- Babywearing / Attachment Parenting
- Natural Parenting / Family Living
- Suggested Reading lists and birth videos
Mindful Mother provides education and information to support and empower families while they navigate their prenatal care. We offer support so families can make decisions about their own maternity care.
“Giving birth should be your greatest achievement, not your greatest fear.” ~ Jane Weideman